Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Contrasted Crazy

This is the poem I wrote closing out the notebook I finished today that had been started on twenty days ago. It extends from something I was writing the other day exploring the lines between insanity and whimsical eccentric tendencies. Whether I put that out anywhere, is to be determined later. At the end of the poem, the two second to last lines is a reference/paraphrase of the song She's A Rebel by Green Day.


Whimsy and insanity:
The line between giddy and glee
Intertwined with destructive tendencies

Full of color and lifeless
Nothing in eclectic everything
Swelling, curtailing in restless 

Maniacal sedation fused to elation
Horseshoe equilibrium

Trouble made double with a—
twist of fate and a melody
Chaos in cordiality

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contrasted Crazy

This is the poem I wrote closing out the notebook I finished today that had been started on twenty days ago. It extends from something I was...