The Freudian Era of the Internet

 The Freudian Era of the Internet

I admire the “old internet” landscape, in fact I have begun calling it the Freudian Era as it seems to have been an open arena of thought and connections. I use the internet today (and every day) as if it was those old days. The Freudian Era was free, people could go into any number of chatrooms and discuss anything- even the most taboo ideas. It was quite a satanic environment. I may not have been conscious for this era (being born in 2006 and all) but I think I get it. I think this era began in the 1990s with the Heaven’s Gate website and ended with the demise of MySpace. 

Some of the old chatrooms can still be accessed via the wayback machine. One that interesting site I know of is this old Dana Plato web forum, many of the links are dead but just as many are able to be opened and all the messages within can be read 20 years later. 

It would be amazing if all was archived or stayed online, but sadly it’s not. O-the places I would go if they were all still available. The longest running sites I’m aware of like these are alt.satanism, 4chan, and Heaven’s Gate

[update: June 6, 2023
The Golden Age of the Internet Is Over: https://youtu.be/OU6CuSMzNus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble-making, Symbols, Sounds, Experiments

Hebrew, Not Christian

The Bottom Feeders Frenzy