No, We Aren’t A Family of Satanists

 No, We Aren’t A Family of Satanists

In my time in circles for satanism I have noticed that many use terms like brother, sister, brethren, to refer to myself and other people. Let me make one thing very clear: I am not your sister, nor am I your brethren. Fellowship with brethren is a collectivist- typically Christian- concept. Satanism is not by any means a collectivistic bunch. Sure some might get together and have fun, but that’s their choice to have fun as a social animal and make friends. The Church of Satan has been called a mutual admiration society by numerous members, and that’s true not just for members of the church. Satanists have one thing in common: a mutual respect for the philosophy and religion that satanism is. Satanism does not dictate we are friends, family, or even like each other in the slightest. Satanism is for the individual, not the herd or any collective. 

For more information on this sort of thing see the article Satanism is not a Congregational Religion by Magister Bill M. of the Church of Satan. 

Comments

  1. A Satanist I know is always saying, rather loudly at times, "There is no WE in Satanism."
    Nice little statement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble-making, Symbols, Sounds, Experiments

Hebrew, Not Christian

The Bottom Feeders Frenzy